Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Organising my receipts with my digital planner


Until I got my digital planner I would have trouble deciding where to put things to keep them safe.

Only when I got my digital planner did I finally decide that I only needed digital copies of my receipts.

Until this year I felt that I had to have both paper and digital records but since most of my receipts are in email form I felt it was time to make all my receipts digital.

I now take photos of paper receipts and screen shots of receipts that were emailed to me.

It is such a relief to have finally made this decision. I am of an age where keeping receipts in a box or folder was the only way to keep them. Times have changed and I have finally moved on.

Using my digital planner to keep my receipts in order is so easy and convenient.

I use the Monthly Spending pages to keep receipts for my business supplies and personal purchases.

Each month I select those pages in Goodnotes and export them as a PDF to save in the cloud and on my desktop. I feel safe that I will be able to access them when I need them. However, I have weighed up the chances that Apple cloud will disappear compared to my house burning down and destroying paper items. The likelyhood of either happening is slim.

So how do I do it?

  1. I take screen shots of my emails so they end up in Photos.
  2. I then go to my planner Spendings page and add the screen shot to the relevant page.
  3. I then fill out the index page with the item and cost and date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or questions welcomed.